Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις

Πέμπτη 27 Μαΐου 2010

Cause of homesickness USA 2000

The Body of the Earth
flickering under the light of a waning moon.
My Land sweats in the armpit of the earth
I feel the spray from the crest of the waves
I taste the salty tears of the mourning women.
Deep inside I can hear the sea whispering
but nothing can I see clear and close,
Every sound is muted
every feeling is weakened
every image is faded away . . .
Desperate, I raised my eyes.
Abandoned, silently I staggered
the impenetrable darkness
she bleeds with tears
helplessly drawn into the ordeal.
The heart to the armpit so near
but the body of the Earth heartless
flickered so distant
and the darkness breathlessly uttered
"Thou shalt not kill."
Helen Nicolaou Lemonis
Copyright ©2009 Helen Nicolaou Lemonis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου